If you have no place to call home and are currently sleeping in an emergency shelter or in a place unfit for human habitation such as an abandoned building, a park, or a car, please know that you are WELCOME at the Harry Tompson Center. We will do all that we can to assist you with basic services while you are finding your way “back home” again. Come visit us at the Rebuild Center. Our Location: We’re located inside the Rebuild Center, 1803 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70112
Hours of Operation:
We’re open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Please Note:If you are not able to visit us in person, but need assistance, please call the VIA LINK Cope Line at“”211.”They have trained staff ready to assist you over the phone.
HTC Services at the Rebuild Center:
- Restroom facilities M-F 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Showers M-F 8 a.m. to 12:15
- Phone room M-F 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. available for local
- Cell phone charging M-F 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. available for local
Hygiene supplies M-F 8 a.m.
- Medical clinic T, W, F 10am to 1pm
- Psychiatric Services T, F 10 a.m. to Noon
- Legal services M, W 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Case Management M-F 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Computer services W 9 a.m. to 12 Noon
- Haircuts Second Monday of each month 9 a.m. to 12 Noon
- Reading eyeglasses M, W 1:30 p.m.
- Prescription eyeglasses First Wednesday of each month 1:15 p.m.
HTC Services at the VA CRRC (1530 Gravier Street)
- Showers M-F 7:30 to 4 p.m.
- Laundry M-F 7:30 to 4 p.m.
Other Services Offered at the Rebuild Center (offered by the Lantern Light Ministry):
- Meal: 1 p.m.
- Notary Services T-Th 12:30 p.m.
- Birth certificates: M, 8 a.m.
- Identification Cards: T, 7:30-8 a.m.
- Mail service: M-F 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Food stamp application: Th 8-10 a.m.