As one of the partner agencies of the Rebuild Center, the Harry Tompson Center provides a wide range of services thanks to a dedicated staff and numerous volunteers. The Rebuild Center, located at 1803 Gravier Street, is open Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
HTC Services at the Rebuild Center include:
- Providing a safe space to gather
- Restroom facilities
- Shower facilities
- Phone room for local and long distance calls
- NEW! Bike Program
- Hygiene supplies and miscellaneous guest supplies (winter wear, socks, backpacks, etc.)
- Medical clinic and medication assistance
- Mental health care
- Legal services
- Case management and housing placement
- Collaboration with DePaul USA to provide housing assistance with the Rapid Rehousing for Chronically Homeless Individuals Program
- Haircutting services
- Computer services
- Prescription and reading eyeglasses
- Office services: copying and faxing
- Guest support group
- Library Cart with free reading materials
- Space for other non-profits to offer assistance: NO AIDS Task Force, Volunteers of America, Metropolitan Human Services District, etc.
Recent graduates of the Bike Program enjoy riding the bicycles they earned after completing the course and fixing these bikes up themselves!
In October 2013, the Harry Tompson Center expanded its services at a new location, the Veterans Administration Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC) located at 1530 Gravier Street in renovated wing of the old Veteran’s Administration Hospital. HTC staff work with the Veterans Administration, Travelers Aid Society and other organizations to assist both homeless veterans and non-veterans with other day center services. The CRRC is open Mondays through Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
HTC Services at the CRRC:
- Shower services
- Laundry services
- Hygiene supplies distribution